Enjoy the spectacularly beautiful and dramatic Ugandan countryside full of African wildlife before trekking to see the mighty mountain gorillas, certainly a trip highlight!
There is so much to see in Uganda like sanctuary visits, game drives and two cruises (all included) to see African wildlife like hippo, buffalo, krobs, elephants, warthogs stunning bird life and hopefully the tree climbing lions in Ishasha.
A guided forest walk in Kalinzu Forest to see chimpanzees and 6 other primate varieties go about their daily life is so rewarding. This is a memorable safari which can enjoyed as a two week holiday or easily combined with another of our wonderful safaris.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT UGANDA CLICK HERE
ItineraryBack to top
Dates & CostsBack to top
OUR 2019 DEPARTURE DATES ARE:
Departs Daily subject to availability
Cost: $13,590 per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Perth*
Cost: $13,990 per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement $3,490
Price based on minimum 2 passengers
OUR 2020 DEPARTURE DATES ARE:
Cost: to be confirmed, per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Perth*
Cost: to be confirmed, per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement to be confirmed
Price based on minimum 2 passengers
2020 rates to be confirmed September 2019
Trip SummaryBack to top
Best Season for Travel: June – September is during the dry season making trekking more pleasant, however can be conducted year round
Gorilla Trekking Option vs Gorilla Habituation Trekking Option
Our Gorilla extension includes a day trek to see the mighty mountain gorillas. You are permitted to stay with the gorillas for up to one hour. This trek is done in the Buhoma Section of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. We can also offer a Gorilla Habituation Trekking option which allows up to four hours to be spent in the gorilla’s company. This option will be taken in the Rushaga Section of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Please note that the itinerary would change to reflect this experience.
Cost Upgrade to Gorilla Habituation Experience: add approx $1,600 per person Please contact us for a quote.
Accommodation: 2 nights hotel, 4 nights lodge, 5 nights national park and 1 night resort.
Meals Included: 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 12 dinners.
Gorilla & Chimpanzee Permits included
Trip Code: 15UG120
• 3 Day Blue Train (Cape Town to Pretoria or Pretoria to Cape Town)
• 3 Day Blue Train Kruger National Park Excursion
• 3 Day Rovos Rail (Cape Town to Pretoria or Pretoria to Cape Town)
• 4 Day Rovos Rail (Pretoria to Victoria Falls or Victoria Falls to Pretoria)
• 4 Day Uganda Gorilla Fly-In Extension
• 5 Day Cape Town Extension
• 5 Day/ 4 Nights Sabi Sands Safari
• 7 Day Kruger Multi-lodge Safari
• 7 Day / 6 Night Makutsi Springs Classic Safari
• 7 Day / 6 Night Makutsi Springs Walking Safari
• 7 Day Tanzania Southern Circuit Extension
• 7 Day Uganda Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking
• 7 Day Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park
Back to Back Connecting Safaris:
• 13 Day Botswana & Zambia Safari
• 15 Day South Africa Safari
• 15 Day South Africa Hidden Treasures Safari
• 15 Day Namibia, Botswana & Zambia Safari
• 16 Day Kenya Safari
• 20 Day Kenya & Tanzania Safari
• 21 Day Malawi & Zambia Safari
• 27 Day Namibia, South Africa, Botswana & Zambia Safari
For details on how these extensions can be connected, please contact our office
Deposit: at time of booking a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person per safari is required. This Ugandan safari also requires the Mountain Gorilla Permit of USD$700 to be paid at the same time. Limited permits are issued so early booking is recommended.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Australian passport holders require a visa for Uganda