Enjoy the spectacularly beautiful and dramatic Ugandan countryside full of African wildlife before trekking to see the mighty mountain gorillas, certainly a trip highlight!
There is so much to see in Uganda like sanctuary visits, game drives and two cruises (all included) to see African wildlife like hippo, buffalo, krobs, elephants, warthogs stunning bird life and hopefully the tree climbing lions in Ishasha.
A guided forest walk in Kalinzu Forest to see chimpanzees and 6 other primate varieties go about their daily life is so rewarding. This is a memorable safari which can enjoyed as a two week holiday or easily combined with another of our wonderful safaris.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT UGANDA CLICK HERE
ItineraryBack to top
Dates & CostsBack to top
OUR 2019 DEPARTURE DATES ARE:
Departs 06 July – 20 July
Cost: $13,590 per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Perth*
Cost: $13,990 per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement $3,490
Price based on minimum 4 passengers
OUR 2020 DEPARTURE DATES ARE:
Departs 04 July – 18 July
Cost: to be confirmed, per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Perth*
Cost: to be confirmed, per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement to be confirmed
Price based on minimum 4 passengers
2020 rates to be confirmed September 2019
Trip SummaryBack to top
Best Season for Travel: June – September is during the dry season making trekking more pleasant, however can be conducted year round
Gorilla Trekking Option vs Gorilla Habituation Trekking Option
Our Gorilla extension includes a day trek to see the mighty mountain gorillas. You are permitted to stay with the gorillas for up to one hour. This trek is done in the Buhoma Section of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. We can also offer a Gorilla Habituation Trekking option which allows up to four hours to be spent in the gorilla’s company. This option will be taken in the Rushaga Section of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Please note that the itinerary would change to reflect this experience. Cost Upgrade to Gorilla Habituation Experience add approx $1,600 per person Please contact us for a quote.
Accommodation: 2 nights hotel, 4 nights lodge, 5 nights national park and 1 night resort.
Meals Included: 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 12 dinners.
Gorilla & Chimpanzee Permits included
Trip Code: 15UG119
• 4 Day Victoria Falls & Chobe National Park
• 7 Day Lake Kariba & Hwange National Park Back to Back Connecting Safaris:
• 9 Day Garden Route – Cape Town to Port Elizabeth
• 14 Day Kenya Safari
• 15 Day Namibia Safari
• 20 Day Kenya & Tanzania Safari
• 27 Day Namibia Safari
For details on how these extensions can be connected, please contact our office
Deposit: at time of booking a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person per safari is required. This Ugandan safari also requires the Mountain Gorilla Permit of USD$600 to be paid at the same time. Limited permits are issued so early booking is recommended.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL TOURS:
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
• Airfares ex Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide,
• airline levies and taxes (subject to change until paid in full),
• transport via air-conditioned vehicles in Southern Africa and extended game viewing 4WD’s in Kenya and Tanzania,
• experienced local tour guide,
• mainly 4 star accommodation (double/twin room with private facilities – no camping), entrance fees and meals as per itinerary.
• Travel insurance,
• meals and entrance fees not mentioned in itinerary,
• items of a personal nature and tipping.
TIPPING: Tipping is a way of life in Africa. It is not included in this safari package.
Traveljoy will endeavor to operate all itineraries as advertised, however changes may occur where deemed necessary without prior notice.
DEPARTURE DATES: Departure dates are subject to change due to airline schedule changes.
* Minimum of 4 passenger s per group are required to guarantee a departure (unless otherwise specified). Traveljoy may choose to operate a tour with less than minimum numbers.
** Additional costs may apply for Canberra, Darwin and Hobart.
*** 2020 Prices to be released approx. September 2019.
**** Conditions apply refer to your booking form.
Australian passport holders require a visa for Uganda