NAMIBIA, ZAMBIA, BOTSWANA, SOUTH AFRICA, KENYA, TANZANIA & MALAWI
Over the next two months, you will marvel at how diverse each of the seven countries in Africa has been. Beginning with a close encounter of the mighty Victoria Falls, you will enjoy a beautiful sunset cruise on the Zambezi River. Your first game drive will be in Chobe National Park, experiencing your first buzz of seeing varieties of wildlife in its natural habitat.
Dates & CostsBack to top
Departs: 19 July – 17 September 2019 (Ex Australia dates)
Safari connections: (15NA219 + 9GDN + 20KE319 + ZNZ + 21MW119)
TRIP CODES: 15NA219 + 9SAGRT219 + 20KE319 +ZNZ + 21MW119
COST: $37,870pp Twin share, included airfares ex Perth*
COST: $38,270 pp Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement $6,936
• Airfares ex Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide
• Airfare Lusaka to Johannesburg,
• Airline levies and taxes (subject to change until paid in full),
• transport via air-conditioned vehicles in Southern Africa and extended game viewing 4WD’s in Kenya and Tanzania,
• an experienced tour guide,
• mainly 4-star accommodation (double/twin room with private facilities – no camping),
• entrance fees and meals as per itinerary.
• Airfare Windhoek to Cape Town, Port Elizabeth to Nairobi and Dar es Salam to Blantyre; Airline levies and taxes (subject to change until paid in full)
• 1 night accommodation in Windhoek, Johannesburg or Cape Town (01 August)
• 1 night accommodation in Johannesburg or Nairobi (10 August)
• Road transfer from Blantyre to Lengwe to meet other safari guests (will miss first night in Blantyre)
• Travel insurance,
• meals and entrance fees not mentioned in the itinerary,
• items of a personal nature
PREPAID TIPPING: Prepaid tipping is available on selected tours.
DEPARTURE DATES: Departure dates are subject to change due to airline schedule changes. Traveljoy will endeavor to operate all itineraries as advertised, however, changes may occur where deemed necessary without prior notice
* Minimum of 6 passengers per group are required to guarantee a departure (unless otherwise specified). Traveljoy may choose to operate a tour with less than minimum numbers.
** Additional costs may apply for Canberra, Darwin and Hobart.
*** 2020 Prices to be released approx. September 2019.
**** Conditions apply refer to your booking form.
Trip SummaryBack to top
You will enjoy both land-based game drives and river game cruises throughout this safari; Caprivi Game Park, Okavango Delta and Etosha National Park through Namibia.
Fly from Windhoek to the beautiful city of Cape Town to experience Africa’s South Africa. Cape Town, one of the most beautiful cities will be a pleasant welcome for a spot of shopping, a ride by cable car up Table Mountain (weather permitting) before traveling the Garden Route. Journey via picturesque towns like Stellenbosch and spectacular coastal towns with mountainous backdrops, enjoy wine tasting at famous wine estates, Tsitsikamma National Park, Jeffery’s Bay the ‘home to the perfect wave’ and take a game drive through Addo Elephant National Reserve to witness the majestic animals in their own habitat.
Farewell, the south from Port Elizabeth, fly to Nairobi, hello East Africa and it’s time to experience the annual wildlife migrations in Kenya and Tanzania, travel across spectacular scenery in the ‘born free’ countryside of Shaba and Samburu National Park, the incredible Rift Valley will be a highlight to remember.
Enjoy game drives throughout East Africa including Lake Nakuru National Park, Tsavo East while spotting incredible numbers of wildlife at the waterholes and grasslands of the impressive Ngorongoro Crater. The Maasai Mara National Park will be something to tick off your bucket list as is enjoying a traditional tribal dance performance.
East Africa finishes with time to relax on the historic spice island of Zanzibar before flying to landlocked country of Malawi. Malawi features wonderful scenery, fascinating parks and some of the poorest but friendliest people in Africa. Including visiting a tea plantation and the small village in which David Livingstone was born, you will view elephant, hippo, crocodile, sable and prolific bird life on the many game drives and boat cruises on this safari. Stay on the shores of Lake Malawi which is the southern end of the Rift Valley, cruise out to Bird Island, see the African Fish Eagle and visit a tropical fish farm. Game drives at South Luangwa National Park/Matjete Wildlife reserve are a different experience than in Kenya/Tanzania. Experience an evening game drive to view nocturnal animals.
Traveling distances in Malawi are shorter than Kenya and Tanzania making a great combination for a longer safari. Wonderful experiences will be fondly remembered for years on this safari.